fbpx

Chelsea Set to Sack Antonio Conte, Ex Dortmund Coach Lined Up as Possible Replacement

Chelsea Set to Sack Antonio Conte, Ex Dortmund Coach Lined Up as Possible Replacement

Chelsea coach, Antonio Conte eased the pressure on himself with a crucial 2-1 win over Tottenham on Sunday after a chaotic summer had thrown his future into doubt. But German magazine, Sports Bild say discussions about Conte’s future have continued at board level and Chelsea director, Marina Granovskaia has decided Tuchel is the man to take over at Stamford Bridge.

ALSO READ »  Giroud urges Fekir to join Chelsea as he reveals Hazard talks

According to Express UK, the report says Chelsea are attracted to his incorporation of young players and feel he would be a good fit at Stamford Bridge.

Conte’s relationship with Granovskaia is said to be fractious after a summer spent complaining about transfer activity and the infamous text message sent to Diego Costa.

Tuchel, who would be keen on a move to Stamford Bridge, left Borussia Dortmund in May after two seasons following a falling out with the club. The 43-year-old left just three days after leading Dortmund to victory in the DFB- Pokal final.

ALSO READ »  Guardiola Promises Not To Block Arteta From Replacing Wenger At Arsenal

Conte signed a new contract in July but crucially did not extend it – just enhancing his salary – meaning he has two years remaining.

ALSO READ »  Libya Head Coach Resigns Days Before 2019 AFCON Qualifier Against Super Eagles

And, despite leading Chelsea to the title in his first year, has been noncommittal about whether he will stay long-term.

Reports surfaced last year claiming he was homesick and didn’t see a long-term future in England. And Inter Milan made efforts to take him back to Italy before he eventually signed the new contract.

Leave a Reply